Provider Access Policy – Foxfields Academy
Written by – Matthew Page
Creation date – September 2022
Approved by Governors – September 2022
Next Review Date – September 2023
Introduction – This policy statement sets out the school’s arrangements for managing the access of providers to students at the school for the purpose of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer. This complies with the school’s legal obligation under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997.
- Student Entitlement – Students in years 7 – 13 are entitled:
Students will have at least four encounters with a provider of technical education or apprenticeships. Two of these will occur before a child reaches the 28th February in Year 9 and another two before a child reaches the 28th February in Year 11.
- To find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeship opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point.
- To hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships, through options evenings, assemblies, group discussions and taster events.
- To understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses.
- Management of Provider Access Requests –
Procedure: A provider wishing to request access should contact: Mr Matthew Page, Careers Leader on 0116 344 0343 or Matthew.Page@foxfields-cit.co.uk
Opportunities for access: A number of events, integrated into the school’s careers programme, will offer providers an opportunity to come into school (this could be virtually) to speak to students and/or their parents.
Please speak to our Careers Leader to identify the most suitable opportunity for you. The school policies on Safeguarding and visitors sets out the school’s approach to allowing providers into school as visitors to talk to our students. Click here to access our safeguarding policy.
- Premises and facilities – T5. Premises and facilities – The school will make the Sports Hall. Meeting rooms or classroom(s) available for discussions between the provider and students, as appropriate to the activity.
The school will also make available IWB’s and other specialist equipment to support provider presentations. The use of Microsoft Teams can also be arranged if required. This will all be discussed and agreed in advance of the visit with the Careers Lead or a member of the pastoral team.
Providers are welcome to leave a copy of their prospectus or other relevant course literature at the main reception or provide an electronic copy to the careers lead. The area is available to students during the school day. The school may use specialist equipment to support provider presentations. The use of Google Classroom and Google Meet can also be arranged if required. This will all be discussed and agreed in advance of the visit with the Careers Leader or a member of the pastoral team.
Providers are welcome to leave a copy of their prospectus or other relevant course literature at the main reception or provide an electronic copy to be placed in the Careers Google Classroom.