Every young person should experience the world beyond the classroom as an essential part of learning and personal development, whatever their age, ability or circumstances. The Outdoor Learning provision at Foxfields promotes pupil’s resilience and development of their personal and social skills.
All areas of the Foxfields curriculum benefit from pupils being able to access the wonderful natural environment. The quality learning experiences through our outdoor education provision promote:
• Development of skills and independence in a widening range of environments
• Development of active citizens and stewards of the environment
• A bridge to higher order learning
• Opportunities for informal learning through play
• Inspiration and motivation
• The ability to deal with uncertainty
• Challenge and the opportunity to take acceptable levels of risk
Our philosophy of outdoor learning is to encourage and inspire pupils through positive experiences and participating in engaging and motivating achievable tasks and activities in a natural environment. This unique educational process offers pupils the opportunity to develop confidence and self esteem through hands-on learning experiences.